



To be honest I don't even know where to begin...We headed out to Colorado on Thursday night stayed in Blanding ,UT got a horrible nights sleep(got to the hotel at 11:00pm left at 5:15am)Headed to Craig, Co. We surprised Annette by telling her we didn't leave til 8:00am. The kids did so great on the 10 hour trip and were so excited to be there with their cousins that at times were more like brothers and sisters! The first couple of days we didn't do much just sat around and caught up. I am a little behind times and as you ALL know TWILIGHT came out last week and I had never read the book. I know, I know!I didn't want to go see the movie without reading the book first and they were going to go see it the night Janice got there which was going to be the night before Thanksgiving. So Annette made me get the book Sunday night and I spent the next 2 days reading it! I was feeling really bad just sitting there reading so I got the audio off Itunes so I could at least get up and do stuff at the same time. I LOVED the book of course(can't wait to start the second)The movie was great as well! The guys even enjoyed it!!For the whole 10 days our families passed around the stomach flu. Annette was even sick on Thanksgiving and didn't want to even come out of the room I felt so bad for her! Her mom Janice did the Thanksgiving dinner, I tried to help but she had it all under control I guess(she must of been afraid of me messing something up!!haha) She did a GREAT job and we LOVED it! She made 6 pies all from scratch on top of everything else. My first year to try sweet potatoes and loved them!! Thanks JANICE!!There was plenty of great food, lots of fights between the kids, 20+ trips to Wal-mart and K-mart, a boxing ring for the kids every night, movies, cleaning up from someone being sick and so on... Jed got to go out every morning to try to find a lion track but it didn't snow until the morning we were driving home!! Sorry JED!! We of course hit the black Friday deals. We even got Jed and Aaron up at 5:00am to go SHOPPING instead of hunting that morning! We went up to the mountain on Friday evening to try to find snow to go have fun on their snow mobiles. Brad and Aaron both have one so we all took turns on them and had a blast! It was sure cold but the kids didn't mind at all!I was so afraid to go on it with Jed cuz I'm a chicken and Jed is a thrill seeker! And guess what happened he TIPPED IT OVER on us! WE were going slow thank goodness! We went back home and played card games with al the adults which was great! Saturday we did a little more shopping at a couple of boutiques and then just hung out with Brad and Aarons familyfor the evening. It was Payton's birthday on Sunday the 30th so we celebrated it on Saturday up there. So we had hamburgers and cake and then went bowling for his birthday. We ALL had a BLAST!Thanks for the idea Aaron! The bowling alley had the disco lights and all. You should have seen the stares we got when we walked in there with 12 kids, 2 babies and 8 adults!! We had 3 lanes and the kids had a blast. They turned on the disco lights just for us for about ten minutes cuz it was before 9:00pm. It was great! Payton kept asking all day if he was still the birthday boy and went aroung singing in his own tune "birthday boy" When we told him we were going bowling for his birthday he asked" now I'm this many mom( holding up 4 fingers, I can get the ball all the way down?" He is so funny and just a prise to have in our family!! That about sums up our week!! Except one last thing... Jed brought home 2 puppys!! To add to our 3 we already have. Can you say OBSESSED with hunting???Thanks Annette for being such a great host!!
baseball
8 years ago



3 comments:
TEN whole days in Colorado and you never came to see us?!?!? Jerk. Next time we come to Arizona, we arent coming to see you! j/k, I guess our three minute drive is easier than your four hour one! Glad you guys had fun, sorry everyone got sick!!
wow it sounds like you guys had a blast...busy and fun times!! glad you got to spend great time with your family. we miss you guys and cant believe payton is 4!!! holy crow...LOVE that you read twilight...yeah!!! I cant believe you got the guys to go to the movie..troy still wont budge on going...what a brat!! miss you!!
So glad you guys had a great time! But even more glad that you are back!
Post a Comment