Jett Boomer Reidhead
1:02 am
November 14, 2009
6lbs. 2oz
19 1/2 inches

Well it all started at Ivy's house when we went into Taylor to drop our 4 kids off to her. I was going to go in the next day, Saturday, so Ivy offered to get our kids for us for the weekend. I was sitting on her couch after having my favorite fish tacos and I started to have contractions! For about 30 minutes I sat there thinking OK these are coming close together and hurt pretty bad. So I mentioned it to everyone so Ivy timed them for the next 30 minutes and said ya you should probably call your Dr. So I did and she said to head up to the hospital. Jed and I were not prepared to go to the hospital so we were trying to decide if we should go to
Heber first the up to Show low but thank goodness it was decided that Ivy take me up to the hospital and Jed go home then head our way. I have never hurt so bad before getting to the hospital! So needless to say by the time Jed got to the hospital I was in the middle of the oh so dreadful epidural! The lady was really nice and really tried hard to get it right since I never have good luck with them! She had to do it 3 different times!! Oh man, what a weird feeling, this time I could feel it going up through each vertebrae. So once that once finally as good as it was going to get I tried to get comfortable. There was still a portion on my left side that I could feel everything. I told the nurse and so they gave me some medicine through my IV which made me completely out of it! I couldn't keep my eyes open but I was awake! I knew it was time to have this baby and they came in and sure enough he was ready. Well his heart rate dropped big time and I could tell the urgency in their voices. I have never been lucky with pushing. But I knew I had to help this baby out by getting him here fast! So he was born pretty quick thank goodness! I could have had 300 people around me and not even known it thanks to that medicine they gave me in my IV. I just remember them taking him and me laying back and saying he's here I'M DONE,IT'S OVER! I couldn't believe he was only 6lbs. 2 oz. He was here and healthy and that's all that mattered!
We hadn't decided on a name! The morning after he was born I woke up and Jed had put Jett Boomer on the board in our room.I told him real funny but no way! I even erased it at one point. The poor baby still didn't have a name when we left the hospital and the even sent his social security card to us and his name as "not named" Reidhead!!! Well needless to say and gave up trying on the name. I liked Jett...but Boomer? It's a dogs name! Well of course it's after a football player.
Grandma Val came to visit...
Getting ready to come home! I was happy! It felt like I had been in there along time!Jett laying on the blanket Dr. Wendy made for him! She's the best!
Trying to show how tiny he is by showing Jed's hand!
Headed HOME!! He is so tiny in that car seat!
2 comments:
soooo glad you caught us up on all these amazing events that we have missed!! what a cute baby boy...cant wait to see how big he is now!
Post a Comment