Oh what an awesome weekend we got to spend in San Antonio, TX!! The best part was getting to go to the temple with Brandon for the first time! Then the following morning he was sealed to an amazing girl Heidi! It was a beautiful experience and one we'll never forget! I just can't get over how perfect Heidi is for Brandon.She is awesome and I am so grateful to have her as a sister-in-law! It was an amazing weekend spent with all my siblings and their wives! It was such a difference not having 23 kids running around us the whole time, like I said an amazing weekend spent! ha ha
When we got to the hotel the first night Brandon and Heidi met us all wearing a sombrero and a serape. It was great! Hal and Elisa Hall were able to come spend the weekend with us all too.It was my birthday and Brandon made me some chocolate poodles ( aka no bake cookies) and lit a match in the hotel room for everyone to sing happy birthday! He was so thoughtful!Friday we went to see the ALAMO, ate a yummy lunch by the river and then headed back to get ready for the temple that night. Jett was with us because he is attached to me and I was really nervous leaving him to be babysat while I would be gone for almost 3 hours! He is kinda picky about the way he is comforted to say the least! He loves to be beat on the back laying across your lap! So Jed came to the rescue and said he would stay and take care of him and let me go! That helped comfort me but I felt bad leaving Jed behind. It was great to be in the temple with most of my siblings! We all gathered at a VERY yummy restaurant El Taco Tote after to met Heidi's family.They are such great people and Brandon is very blessed to be a part of their family! Can't forget to mention the funny trip to get ice cream late that night! Damon! Saturday morning we were all able to attend their sealing and then following their sealing Heidi's sister was sealed to her husband and 4 children! I still get the goose bumps sitting here thinking about it! There was such a sweet spirit there that day! I am grateful I was able to be a part of both sealings! That night was their reception! Wow, it was the nicest reception I have ever been to! It was in an old steak house that my parents had actually taken my Grandma and Grandpa King to years ago so that was neat! Brandon, Heidi and her family came dancing into the reception to music which was so fun! Of course none of my family would do it because we can't dance! We were served a very yummy 3 course dinner and of course my favorite, a chocolate fountain!! There was dancing, singing by Heidi's brother and some yummy cake! All my sister-in-laws got up and danced and us Porters were dragged up there a time or two! I am sure we were the most boring people there! ha ha Their truck got all decorated and they were on their way! It was so great to spend the weekend doing such uplifting things and to spend many hours laughing til our sides hurt! Thanks for a great weekend Porter fam!!




1 comments:
i love it! you look positively stunning!and those kids of yours.wow. seriously it doesnt get any cuter than your little family!! and crongrats to Brandon! he deserves happiness the size of texas! actually bigger!!
Post a Comment